Dear Parent / Guardian
There is clearly a growing national concern regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, and this is a challenging time for us all. We are in regular contact with senior officials at Carmarthenshire County Council and are following the advice given by Public Health Wales as to how we control the situation within the school setting. We will be in continued contact with you through our ‘GroupCall’ system, our website (www.ysgolystrade.org) and our school Twitter feed (@ysgol_strade) as the situation develops. In the meantime, here is a summary of the current arrangements:
- Year 9 Parents’ Evening (19.3.2020) has been cancelled;
- The School’s Celebration Evening, ‘Noson Ddathlu’ (1.4.2020) has been cancelled;
- The School remains open to all, but we have made some sensible adjustments to our daily arrangements, e.g. adjusting lunchtime arrangements, cancelling assemblies;
- Our Heads of Department and teachers are preparing for the possibility that school closures will take place and are therefore ensuring that as many electronic teaching resources as possible are available to pupils (we will prioritise pupils in years 10-13 in the first instance.) Teachers will communicate with pupils through their school email, departmental twitter feeds and through ‘Teams’ on Hwb;
- With regard to external examinations for pupils in years 10, 11, 12 and 13, we will have to follow the instructions of the WJEC and Welsh Government;
- All educational trips / excursions which have previously been arranged have now been postponed for the time being;
- At the moment, extra-curricular activities, such as sports clubs, will proceed unless otherwise stated. All games have been cancelled;
- Please encourage your child / children to wash their hands regularly and to contact the school office if there is no soap in the school toilets;
- Please note that anyone displaying symptoms of the virus is obliged to stay at home for 7 days and to contact the school immediately.
We would like to emphasise that the health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff is of the utmost importance to us and we will do everything, within reason, to continue the normal running of the school.
Thank you for your continued support.