This course will be delivered over two years, and is equivalent to 1 GCSE: A*-C.
Why study Sport?
- It is a nationally recognised vocational Level 2 sports specific qualification.
- Evidence for assessment may be generated through a range of diverse activities including coursework, workplace assessment, role play and oral presentation. There will be an external assessment which will be a 6 hour controlled assessment with no revision requirement.
- The course will provide the knowledge, understanding and competency necessary for employment within the sports sector – for example recreation assistant or sports leader.
- The course provides opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
- The qualification enables pupils to progress to further qualifications – BTEC National Award in Year 12/13 at level 3 (equivalent to 1 A Level).
|To succeed within the qualification students must complete all assessment criteria for each unit. The attainment grades are:
Distinction = equivalent A/A* GCSE